Friday, December 12, 2008

Off My Game

Today's been an interesting day, I have not been on my mom game like I usually am. I can't really explain it, which makes it so much worse. For example, I am so in tuned to my monthly cycle and I know that when I'm around days 25-28, I am NOT on my game in any part of life. I have to make a concerted effort to be better throughout the day. Or when I've worked a couple days in a row and I'm home, I know I'm going to be tired and I am ready to combat that. But today is unexplainable. I'm right smack dab in the middle of my cycle, I've been off of work for 2 days and things are really going well in all other areas. But man am I irritable today. Either that or the kids are all three particularly moody and mischevious. That must be it!

It's so easy to blame my kids for my own downfalls. I get selfish on my days at home. There are many things I wish to get done, both necessities (i.e. cleaning, cooking, laundry) and desires (i.e. email, blogging, facebook, reading). I often say to myself, "Ugh, why can't I have time to myself?"
The time that I should be taking to myself should be, but most often isn't, time in communion with my God. He is my supply and I am certain, knowing full well from experience, that when this is my priority, my attitude is better all day long. Then, I am better able to be selfless and actually feel good about how I am training my kids throughout the days. Beyond the personal value that my time with God is, it also has immeasurable value for my children to see that He is a priority.
Ah, my flawed self, made perfect only through grace and exceeding amounts of mercy on a daily basis. Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment