Friday, December 12, 2008

The Mr. Men Show



The Mr. Men Show:

Does anyone remember the Mr. Men and Little Misses books from the 70's and 80's? I can remember my friend Kendall who had many of the small square books that all looked the same except for the character on the front cover. Characters like Mr. Happy, Mr. Tickle, Mr. Messy, Little Miss Naughty and Little Miss Sunshine. They were great "pass the time" books. The books had long since gone from my memory until last August when we stumbled on the new TV series on the Cartoon Network in which a group of creative and talented people had recreated the Mr. Men and Little Misses. I was floored. We set our DVR to record the first episode we could find and we were instantly hooked. It's our favorite family show now. We have just about the entire 1st season on DVR and several nights a week at bedtime we gather in front of the TV and take turns choosing an episode to watch. Some of our favorites are Science, Fair, Movies, Snow, Sleep...

It didn't take us long to identify each of our family members with a character; Anna, we call Little Miss Chatterbox; Alissa is Little Miss Naughty, Andrew can identify with Mr. Lazy. Dad is most like Mr. Persnickety and Mr. Happy and I am most like Little Miss Sunsine. Don't you love that I give myself the most positive character trait!!!? Though the names indicate negative character traits, the characters themselves are a riot and therefore identifying with them is not derogatory at all. I highly recommend the Mr. Men Show as a great choice for family time (if TV is what you're choosing for family time). After reading the Mr. Men blog, I am looking forward to the second season of all new Mr. Men shows that are due to run in 2009. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment