Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fighting and Making up

I realize its been nearly a month since I've written a post and certainly a lot has happened that I have wanted to write about, but the most recent thing that happened was a "disagreement" with my husband. I'm not writing to air out my laundry so to speak, but to praise my marriage for being able to resolve arguments without feeling like the world is going to end.

It's not necessary to provide details about the argument that occurred, though I know if I were you I'd be sitting there going, "Well what was the fight about?" Nothing really. And isn't that usually the case...the "best" arguments are over nothing! I did nothing wrong but was sitting here reading updates on e-mail and the blogs I follow and then I realized that Eric was acting like he was mad at me and I didn't know why which made me mad and then when I asked him what was wrong he said "nothing" in a tone that I knew somethingwas wrong which made me even more mad and when we finally got around to talking about it (only about 10 minutes) we were both mad over nothing and no one had actually done anything wrong. So there are the details, though insignificant to the point of my post.

What I wish to illustrate is how thankful I am to have a husband and a marriage that allows me to be mad and to be wrong. Hopefully he feels that I allow him to be both things some of the time. I don't mean to say that its necessarily a good thing to make this a regular occurrance, which it is not in our home, but I do mean to say that I would rather make allowances for each other "for better or worse" (even though we did not use those particular vows). I'm thankful that under the presence and rule of the Holy Spirit, we are better people who, at our worst moments are able to become the best person for each other, supernaturally.
That is what I believe we experienced this morning. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment